Microsoft Lync Server
Microsoft Lync Server 2010 replaces Microsoft OCS and Microsoft Office Communicator to deliver complete presence, instant messaging, conferencing and enterprise voice capabilities through a single, easy-to-use interface that is consistent across PC, browser, and mobile devices.
Administrators of Microsoft Lync Server benefit from a single, consistent management platform, new capabilities to increase availability, and interoperability with existing systems.
- Get presence, instant messaging, voice, audio, video, and Web conferencing—all from the new Microsoft Lync Server 2010.
- Use one set of contacts across Microsoft Lync Server 2010 and Office applications.
- Communicate from within the applications you use most, including Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Deliver access to presence, instant messaging, and other capabilities for workers on the go via PCs, browsers, and mobile phones.
Connect and Collaborate
- Find the right people, make connections, and communicate more effectively with new rich presence features including pictures and location.
- Leverage internal expertise more effectively with Microsoft SharePoint-based Skill Search and Microsoft Lync Server Solutions.
Simple, Essential, Reliable Conferencing
- Collaborate more effectively with built-in desktop and application sharing and white boarding.
- Schedule and join meetings with a single click in Microsoft Outlook or the meeting reminder.
- Place attendees in a virtual lobby for greater security and control over who can attend.
Complete Enterprise Voice Features
- Delight your users with the features they need, a wide range of IP and USB devices, and the ability to work in the office, at home, or on the road.
- Architect your deployment for high availability using data center resiliency and survivable branch appliances.
- Manage bandwidth utilization and increase Quality of Experience with Call Admission Control, QoS markings, and an adaptive media stack that works well even on unmanaged networks like the Internet.
- Meet North American regulatory requirements with flexible Enhanced 9-1-1 capability.
Powerful Deployment and Management Tools
- Microsoft Lync Server administration works just like Exchange Server, Active Directory, and other Microsoft products.
- Consolidate management tasks into one location with dramatically improved navigation.
- Improve security and administrative productivity with Role-based Access Control (RBAC) with built-in and customer-defined roles.
- Get support for server virtualization of most Microsoft OCS roles.
- Easily embed Microsoft Lync Server UI elements in your applications, build your own with open and documented APIs, and enhance contextual collaboration by launching applications right from Microsoft Lync server.
- Get platform support for sophisticated contact center and help desk scenarios, enable access to all UC-enabled services from any phone, and deliver state-of-the-art speech technology in 26 languages.
- Significantly simplify deployment, operations, and interoperability with added features that improve provisioning, load-balancing, fail-over, and draining.